Construction Site Manager at a Property Development & Management company
Our client is an established Property Development & Management company in Nairobi. They seek to hire 2 competent, hands-on and well experienced candidates to fill the position of Site Managers who will be responsible for planning, directing, managing, coordinating, and budgeting for site activities involving the company’s construction projects.
Industry: Property Development
Construction Site Manager job responsibilities
- Prepare standard costs (prices) for each item as input into project costing.
- Review Works programmes drawn up by clerk of works and get the formal approval of all
- Provide regular updates to marketing, workshop and finance teams to ensure that all are involved in planned activities
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
- Plan and control use of resources on Site and ensure all necessary resources are availed
- Monitor use of Labour, skill and quantity required
- Source for lacking equipment which may be needed in the site
- Arrange for Statutory Inspections and approvals on time
- Monitor site instruction book
- Formally follow up on all issues raised on site
- Get approvals for all instructions which will have cost or structural impacts on the site, according to Statutory guidelines
- Monitor activities of other Contractors and sub-contractors on Site and ensure the timing of such works fit into the original Works programme
- Review deliverables prepared by team
- Negotiate subcontractor payments where applicable
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolve and/or escalate to management all issues that have impact on project deliverables
- Approve team members’ time and expense reports in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Review the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Motivate team to work together in the most efficient manner and mitigates team conflict and communication problems
- Manager day-to-day client interaction and communicate effectively with to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
Required Skills and Qualifications for the Construction Site Manager job
- Degree/ Diploma in Civil Engineering or related field of study
- 5 years of site / project management experience
- Proven track record in running projects
- Basic computer knowledge, especially packages that deal with BQs
- Thorough product knowledge of building materials
- Construction background is a MUST
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to establish collaborative relationships
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Construction Site Manager) to email@example.com before Wednesday, 31st January 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
The post appeared first on Corporate Staffing Services – Recruitment Agency In Kenya. Our goal is to match you with great jobs. Visit our website today for your next job.