Hotel Cost Controller Job at a company in the Hospitality Industry
Our client is in the Hospitality Industry. They seek to hire a competent Cost Controller to develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies for both local & imports as well as perform cost, scenario analysis and recommend the cost reduction savings.
Roles and Responsibilities for the Hotel Cost Controller Job
- Liaise with Marketing & Operations to understand upcoming promotions, accurately forecast upcoming levels of demand & monitor to ensure no stock outs.
- Ensure purchases are within the working capital budget
- Maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels in the warehouse and ensure we keep accurate utilisation rates
- Maintain product costs & master data on the products held & required by the company.
- On a monthly basis, review and analyze inventory and margin / transfer price reports and forward to Finance
- Manager for further action.
Co-ordinate monthly & cycle physical inventory counts for the commissary
- Investigate physical count variances and resolve issues
- Ensure all damaged, obsolete & expired inventory held in the warehouse is reported to management in a timely manner.
- Monitor the duration & usage of inventory, ensuring par levels are always kept.
- Ensure accurate & timely inventory reports are prepared & shared with the management.
- Establish and implement inventory policies and procedures
- Ensure proper documentation maintained for transfer orders to stores
- Ensure recipes & assemblies are accurately maintained in Accounting system
- Support and participate in end of year audit
- Empowered to take decisions regarding upholding quality standards of products.
- Work with the management team to champion performance improvement via identifying and executing appropriate initiatives and proposals
- Set the ideal safety stock and re-order levels and sign off Local Purchase Orders
- Responsible for Management and implementation of store & stock control systems
Hotel Cost Controller Job Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Finance or related fields
- Professional certification CPA or ACCA.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in Hotel, Restaurant or Food industry will be an added advantage
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Decision making &Collaborative skills
- Should have strong negotiation, managerial and communications skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Hotel Cost Controller) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, 22nd February 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
The post appeared first on Corporate Staffing Services – Recruitment Agency In Kenya. Our goal is to match you with great jobs. Visit our website today for your next job.