Manufacturing Cost Accountant Job at a Manufacturing company
Our client is a leading manufacturer of confectionaries and food products. They seek to hire a highly competent and performance driven Cost Accountant who will be tasked with the management of all the financial and investment functions of the various divisions by adhering to the design while implementing maintaining and updating sound financial systems and procedures which help to safeguard the company’s interests.
Salary: 150 -250K
Validating Monthly product costings, reconciling Monthly Product Costing to P&L, reporting sales analysis product wise to validate sales forecast & preparing Monthly EBITDA and monitoring against target.
Key Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Cost Accountant Job
- Executing the departmental strategy through processes and procedures to achieve the institutions objectives
- Timely and accurate product Costing, simulations and analysis for the division to enable correct decision making by management
- Compute landed costs for imported spares, raw materials, packaging materials and finished products costing to ensure correct material prices and product costs are maintained for correct and timely management reports.
- Analyzing actual expenditure versus budget and previous financial year then highlight red flags for approval.
- Preparing feasibility reports for new project ventures, establishing expected break-even point and expected margins.
- Ensuring reduction in Cost of Production by closely monitoring materials cost, other direct costs and indirect overheads in every accounting period.
- Prepare Standard levy returns and reconcile company EBITDA to product costings
- EBITDA reporting per product country wise to assist in sales optimization
- Variance analysis between Budget and Actual Expenditure for spend controls.
- Monthly overheads allocation to the specific categories to ensure correct overheads absorption and correct costing
- Monitor monthly movement in product costing to note and highlight red flag.
- Responsible talent management in the department including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Benchmarking and implementing best practices in finance & respective areas of work
Manufacturing Cost Accountant Job Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree. Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPA – K or equivalent certification is desirable
- At-least 5 years work experience in a similar position in Manufacturing/FMCG industry, preferably in a busy setup.
- Must have a strong Cost systems background with excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Financial management, financial reporting and Presentation skills.
- People management and decision making skills
- Budgeting and financial planning skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Manufacturing Cost Accountant) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, 9th February 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th floor, Westlands.
The post appeared first on Corporate Staffing Services – Recruitment Agency In Kenya. Our goal is to match you with great jobs. Visit our website today for your next job.