Project Manager Job at a fast growing company
Our client is a fast growing company conducting sustainable energy and retail business. They seek to hire a project manager who will be in charge of overseeing the finding, implementation, management and improvement of their Connected Solar Market Centres (CSMCs).
The centers are mini-shopping malls around the company’s solar e-hubbs in select rural areas and they include businesses (grain mills, tailoring shops, barbershops/salons, butcheries among others ) for rental purposes to local entrepreneurs and infrastructure (pavements, toilet facilities and lighting).
The successful candidate will be responsible of Project management establishing the centres including procurement of materials, budgeting, logistics and overall coordination with other departments as well as execute sales event to create awareness.
In addition, manage all relationships on the centres including mutual beneficial payment agreements, lasting relationships with the entrepreneurs and constant improvement of the facilities outlook and probable businesses around the solar e-hubbs.
Roles and Responsibilities for the Project Manager Job
- Work with Business Innovation and the Technical Teams on the positioning of an e-hubb with the potential of it becoming a market center.
- Work with Regional Managers and Area Officers and conduct business analysis surveys at the market centre locations.
- Develop the centers’ Project Plan for each location; this includes the business plan, plot layout, estimated cost break-down, implementation/construction plan, and potential return on investment.
- Work with the Technical Teams on assessing construction suppliers and creating a bill of quantities.
- Oversee the construction and implementation of the market centers so that they are completed promptly,
- precisely, and within budget.
- Ensure the deployment of businesses and its equipment is optimal for the center and the operation of the business.
- Locate, assess, select, support, and train entrepreneurs that will work at the market centers.
- Develop the market centers’ rental contracts and ensure rental payments are made at regular intervals.
- Support in developing local partners and stakeholders and find best-practises to ensure constant and long-lasting relationships with entrepreneurs.
- Develop, organize, plan, and execute sales events to increase the awareness level of the Centres with the aim to increase foot traffic and thus sales.
- Ensure that the market center is well integrated into and accepted by the community to ensure high level of foot traffic.
- Coordinating with the MD and the relevant departments about what image should be sought in the community and by what event and with which partner (local level or NGOs) that image can be achieved (e.g. community outreach programs, etc.).
- Pay regular visits at the market centers to conduct quality control checks and gather feedback from entrepreneurs and customers on how to improve the infrastructure and businesses/services.
- Keep good relations with stakeholders and groups within communities in order to find out their needs and wants in terms of new potential businesses.
- Monitor and collect data on the market centers specifically on weekly/monthly sales trends, return on investment, and rental payments.
- Monitor and report on new businesses implemented, their success, failures, progress and results
- Supervise the work quality of the Technical Team and Entrepreneurs; identify key areas of training needs, train on-the-job if necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies & procedures through adequate control measures; rental agreements; payment plans & execute corrective measures upon approval from supervisor.
Project Manager Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Policy, Business Management or any related field.
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in management, operations or similar roles.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally
- Keen attention to detail
- Report writing skills
- Ability to work highly independently
- Proven track record of completing projects successfully
- Proven Managerial and Leadership skills
- Experience in handling community projects
- Should be structured and organised
- Willingness to spend time outside the office, at sometimes very remote locations
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Project Manager –Community Based Projects) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, 9th February 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager, 4th floor
Mayfair Suites, Parklands Road, Westlands
The post appeared first on Corporate Staffing Services – Recruitment Agency In Kenya. Our goal is to match you with great jobs. Visit our website today for your next job.