System & Network Administrator Job at A Software Development Firm
Gross Salary: 140k – 180k
Our client is a software development firm that develops ICT solutions that automate business processes across every economic sector. The person will use extensive knowledge, experience and skills to maintain and enhance all network infrastructures. This includes overseeing all servers, firewalls, routers & switches, and other equipment. The ideal candidate will also play a role in revising company’s security plan.
System & Network Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Completes a daily analysis of network devices for any potential performance, availability, and/or stability issues, and resolve any issues that are discovered.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Provides on-demand support for end user issues relating to network performance and availability.
- Acts as the primary escalation point for networking issues, working directly with Service Desk Team, and external providers to resolve any issues that arise.
- Provides training to Service Desk on topics such as basic network troubleshooting and incident management.
- Produces and maintains detailed network diagrams, technical documentation for all processes and procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Maintain the network infrastructure including all servers, firewalls, switches, and other equipment
- Configures new and upgrade network components as newer technology becomes available
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies & implement new technology that supports business requirements
- Maintain & update Cisco ASA Firewall , Router and Switch configurations as needed
- Works and communicates at a technical level with vendors and vendor support services to troubleshoot network issues.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Monitors the network team ticket queue, works any tickets possible, and escalates when necessary. Provides assistance and expertise to other IT team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the System & Network Administrator Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience of Network & System administration
- Must have Cisco certifications (CCNA,CCNP)
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching with Cisco routers, switches, WiFi, and firewalls
- Must be conversant with Unix, Linux, Windows server, Network administration, IP,DHCP, routing, Database administration on SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Postgress
- Experience with Active directory administration
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and team skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (System & Network Administrator) to email@example.com on or before 10th March 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted
The post appeared first on Corporate Staffing Services – Recruitment Agency In Kenya. Our goal is to match you with great jobs. Visit our website today for your next job.